Monday, August 16, 2010

Dog Days of Summer!


On Saturday, August 14th, 2010 I attended GPAC's popular yearly fundraiser - DOG DAYS OF SUMMER! I got there around 11am and stayed until 3:30pm - Biggie and I had a blast! We met up with some old greyhound pals - and met some new ones as well. This year we also had a "fun run" which consisted of a 200 foot long run that your dog could be timed for running! Big did fairly good, 3.20 seconds. Some, like our greyhound friend Dylan, excelled and got lower than 3 seconds! Needless to say, it was entertaining to watch and participate in!
They also had a grey't discount on at the kennel store and I purchased two new bones for my grey! He's been gnawing at that marrow bone for ages!
Kennel tours were also available, though I didn't go 'cause I wanted to hold onto Big, but my father went down and said the new shipment is beautiful! We're considering fostering in the upcoming future, perhaps a little after September or October.

And just recently we've found out that we're sharing our household with some... smaller guests. Yes.
MICE.
Though who would guess our cat would actually step up and take charge of this matter? I sure didn't - but he is! Tamerak is pinpointing the mice for us ( well, my father) and giving us the chance to get them out of the house. When he does get one to himself though, he plays with it until it's literally dead from exhaustion... Which is gross so we're trying to keep up with him! Hahah, well so far we've found two and have successfully gotten rid of both (humanely). I just hope there hasn't been any breeding in the cupboards...

No comments:

Post a Comment